Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The highs and lows of the production phase

Hey blog readers. Thanks for your support. Here's where we are with everything. Enjoy this manic post.

Well, tonight was the night. This is TJ by the way. Had my "big" show at The Palms in WeHo, and it pretty much sucked. The highlight of my day was that B Naj and Scott came all the way up from San Diego.  Let me just say that it was super fun getting to hang out with them for the day. As I write this post, they are headed back to San Diego with millions of amazing stories to tell.

I so desperately wanted this after show post to be upbeat and inspirational, but I guess we can't always get what we want.  Late starting show + hostile aggressive crowd + my own high expectations for a great set = EPIC FAIL. I was funny. I'm always funny, but doing comedy is about a lot more than just being funny. I won't bore you with the theories of humor, I'll just say it can be brutal at times.

So we have officially begun the "production" phase of the documentary. All I can say is that if I were making this film with anyone other than B Naj, tonight would be the end of the road for me. So far, I am not a fan of this phase. Starting out with a sucky show was my biggest fear, and now it has come true. It's all good though. I will press on, and when it's all said and done--we will have a great film. I know that for sure.

I don't have much else to talk about tonight.......I just want to recover from a day of highs and lows. I teach in the morning.

Thanks for the love! TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment