Thanks for checking in. BTW, this is TJ. Shout out to Myriam for her awesome post yesterday. I've never been called a wind up toy before so that was pretty cool.
I'm sure that you've all noticed that one tinysuperstar has been MIA. Bridget (A.K.A B Naj or B) has been on a much needed vacation. She will be back on Wednesday, so if you have any questions for her to answer--feel free to put them in the comments. Until then, I will of course continue to offer you my amazing insight.
I know that everyone has to be very tired of hearing this but this time it's for real!! Our KICKSTARTER page will be up this week. Once it is up, y'all can begin supporting us on a whole new level--so get ready. I'm looking forward to that thing finally being up so we can start showing you what in the hell we have been talking about.
I want to take a quick minute just to say thanks to each and every one of you for your support. This process has been really fun and really difficult at the same time. Truth be told--right now I am exhausted in every sense of the word. When I say that, I mean that I am exhausted emotionally, physically, spiritually, and intellectually. I wish there was an 800 number I could call for a free pep talk or an IPhone app or something because I would go to it str8 away. I'm having a really great time though--so no need to worry. Just finding my way--e'er day! It's cool that I "stand out." That makes me a great subject for a film. On the flipside, "standing out" means not fitting in--so sometimes.......well, you can figure out the rest.
Here are some things that I have learned since starting this project:
1. For every hour of footage, there is like 10+ hours of editing
2. If one of us doesn't want to quit at least three times a week we are doing something wrong:)
3. Gas is fu**in expensive.
4. Balance! E'er day in e'er way.
5. B Naj's music recommendations are better than xanax. She speaks through music which I think is pretty cool. That's why y'all are gonna want the mix cd of the film.
6. There is a fine line between pressure and encouragement.
7. We have a lot of people who want to see us do well. Our support system is amazing. People love our blog!
8. I am a lot to handle. I've been told that by like 10 people this week. Time to take a step back and calm the f*** down.
9. Bridget does not keep an adequate safety space with the car in front of her when she drives:)
10. Silly putty is the best gift ever.
11. People need to be persuaded to be interviewed on camera. For some reason--that surprised the hell out of me.
12. Both B and I are great at writing haikus.
That's all I have for today. I have a very busy few weeks ahead of me including my show at The Improv on the 24th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to be interviewed at the show. If we don't get anyone to be interviewed--I will look like a total loser so please--do not be shy. There are 225 of y'all on the guest list......so I hope at least a few of you will say a word or two.
Thanks for the love. Keep sending it. We cannot do this without you. Comments are awesome--they inspire us to keep writing!! I will leave you today with a short video of one of my new heroes. Please watch it. You'll be blown away.